This DIY tutorial is for repurosing Starbucks Frappuccino bottles... into 'Milk Bottles'. Milk bottles can be expensive, with this DIY you'll save money (and enjoy a few frappuccino's too!). You’ll love having these bottles on hand when you need them for your next party.
Here's what you'll need for this DIY...
• Starbucks Frappuccino Bottles
• Dish soap
• Baking Soda
• Vegetable Oil
• Rag/Old Cloth
• Nail Polish Remover
• Cotton Ball
• Party Paper Design (optional)
• Bakers Twine (optional)
• Paper Straws
• X-ato Knife
Enjoy drinking your frappuccino’s. Then, soak your bottles in hot, soapy water for about 30 minutes.
Peel off the labels. They will come off pretty easily, but they may leave some of the sticky residue - - don’t worry, go to the next step.
You can use Goo Gone (if you have it), but most of us don’t... so these next steps will take off the sticky residue using products you have at home.
1 part Veg Oil + 2 parts Baking Soda = Homemade Goo Gone!
Then, apply mixture to sticky residue. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
STEP FOUR: Wipe off with a wet or dry cloth.
Now for the expiration date stamped on bottle. Place a small amount of nail polish remover onto a cotton ball, then wipe it over the date. Ta-dah... all gone...
Now wash your bottles so you can use them.
This is one of my favorite ways to use my milk bottles. This paper lid adds color to your party...plus if someonE accidentally spills...it doesn't go everywhere. Here's how to add this lid to your bottles...
• Cut out a 4.5" square piece of matching party paper.
• Wrap it around the bottle top.
• Secured paper on bottle top with bakers twine or ribbon.
• With an X-acto knife, cut an "X" in the center of the paper lid.
• Pop in your straws!
A FEW MORE OPTIONAL IDEAS:
I couldn't resist showing you one more idea... Turn your milk bottles into a bowling pins... it's easy to do... just wrap washi tape around the neck of your bottle... then add a straw... so fun!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are sooo many great ideas for your milk bottles I just had to add the links to some of my other favorites!!! Enjoy!
• Wrap decorative washi tape around your bottle - check this out.
• Use a printable 'water bottle label' - check this out.
• Make it look like a snowman for a winter party - check it out.
• Wrap a doily with bakers twine around the bottle - check this out.
• Add some cute faces and make a ghost - check this out.
• Adhere a party printable - check this out.
• Add bakers twine and a paper straw - check this out.
• Dip bottle lip into chocolate, then add sprinkles - check this out.
• This is a great idea to do with donuts or cookies - check this out.